Tuesday, December 27, 2011

There is a Standard!

John 12:47-49 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. (48) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (49) For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.


What does the Bible say?


Imagine that one day you are pulled over by the police while driving your car. The police officer walks up to your window and inquires, “Why were you driving on the wrong side of the road?” Your response? “Well”, you said, “I was watching a movie set in England and they all drove on that side of the road, and it just SEEMED better?’


What are your chances of the police officer, shrugging his shoulders and saying “ well you are right, that is the law in England...have a nice day”?


IMPOSSIBLE! Never would that happen! There is a better chance that he would have a psych evaluation done on you before he would just let you go. So why would that excuse not work? Because we are judged in this country, state, or municipality by their appropriate laws. Trying to say that a law somewhere else permits a particular action has NO value here.


In our text today, we have Jesus telling us about the Standard for the Judgment. Jesus specifically and unambiguously says that HIS WORDS will judge us in the last days. HIS WORDS. God’s Will. The Bible will be the Standard and basis for what is right, what is wrong, what is sin and what is righteous.


My illustration this morning was borderline ridiculous. Nobody in their right mind would EVER do such a thing. However, it is not ridiculous because I assure you, countless people will try to defend themselves on that Day of Judgment based upon some other standard. I can hear it now...”But my preacher said”.....”But the church that I went to said it was OK”.....”But the religious council approved that”...and on and on and on.


It will not matter one wit what ANYBODY thinks, feels or says. We will be judged by the Word of God!


Here is the Crux of the problem. The world’s religious...yes even the world’s “christian” religious groups are removing themselves from what the Bible says at an all time pace. Almost every year I will hear on the news that some religious group will say that this or that sin is no longer condemned by that particular religious group, therefore making it acceptable for their followers to participate in. The one primary sin that keeps coming up is fornication. I cannot remember how many organizations have declared that fornication is no longer a sin. The problem is that Bible does!


1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,


It does not matter how many religious groups say it is OK, fornication is still a sin. And all those that go to the day of Judgment without having this or any other sin forgiven, will be lost.


But you cannot be forgiven if there is no repentance.


Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.


Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:


And there will be no repentance of any sin that you are convinced is okay. Therefore we must be VERY careful not to listen to what you want to hear religiously, but hear the Bible for what it says and to make the proper adjustments in your life to repent and to be forgiven.


You simply cannot stand before God and say...”My church said it was OK”! It is simply the wrong Standard!

No comments:

Post a Comment