Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jesus Said...If You Love Me...!

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.


I would love some day to go to a public place, with lots of people and do a poll asking passers by to fill in this blank ... “Jesus said ‘If You Love Me ______’”. I would love to see the answers to that poll. Based upon what I see from modern day religion, I think the answers would be very selfish or silly in nature.


So, after thinking that thought, I took a quick poll on-line and this is what I got.


"If you Love me, represent my message accurately". – Bill (Being judgmental and divisive rather than accepting and loving is the main criticism I have of many Christians.)


I only got the one answer but it is telling. I think it is interesting that they did not recognize that Jesus did make this statement. But when he answered it, he filled in the answer with his own view of things instead of God’s.


So what is Jesus’ test for Loving him? Faith? Nope? Tolerance? No, not hardly. Condemnation of Judging others? No way.


Jesus Says that if you love me .... KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. Huh? Obedience? That is what Jesus says. Obedience is Essential to pleasing Him! They are not called the 10 Suggestions. They are called the 10 Commandments.


I have heard some “religious” folks criticize others that stress the importance of obedience as being “legalistic” and “pharisaical”. That’s funny. Because Jesus calls in Love in action. If you want to Please God, Learn what he wants from you and do everything in your power to be obedient to it.


Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment