Friday, November 18, 2011

Do We Think We Are Better Than Jesus?

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.


In the opening verses of the book of John, we learn some very important truths about Jesus:


John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.


1. Jesus is Eternal

2. Jesus is Deity

3. Jesus was Integral in all of creation


These truths are the foundation for our discussion today. Even though Jesus is God. Even though Jesus is Eternal. Even though Jesus was integral in all of creation, Jesus says...Of himself, he could do NOTHING! Of all the people that have ever existed in this world, Jesus of all people had the right and the power to come to this earth and do as HE chose. But he didn’t! He only did the will of his father. Jesus could have said to God “You know what, I am the one doing all of the sacrificing here. I am the one that gave up heaven to come down here. I am the one with the boots on the ground. Because of that, I am going to make the calls here” But he didn’t. He only did the will of his father.


So what about us? What does it say about us that we think we ought to, or have the right to, or just choose to Do as we wish regardless of God’s will?


That is the height of ARROGANCE! If Jesus, being God, saw it necessary to submit to the will of the Father then we MUST too! If not, We must think we are better than Jesus!


We must worship as God desires! We must think as God desires! We must behave as God desires! We must restrict our lifestyles as God desires without justification, rationalization or in any way trying to defend what we want.


Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment